Banquet Cook is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the banquet culinary department. The banquet culinary department is responsible for creating/preparing food for all banquet functions including weddings and corporate/social events at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. A skill as a line cook should be matched with creativity and a culinary vision.
· Use Banquet Event Order (BEO) to prep and cook food
· Prep ingredients to include portioning, chopping and storing food
· Prepare and cook based on recipes, quality standards and presentation standards
· Create decorative food displays
· Assist with banquet plate-ups ensuring proper platting presentations
· Setup and operate action stations for banquet or buffet
· Carve buffet meats as requested by guests
· Support banquet staff in ensuring adequate stock of food items
· Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers to prepare foods
· Proven experience as a Banquet Cook, Line Cook or relevant role
· Great attention to detail and creativity
· In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques
· Education/certificate in culinary arts, pastry, baking or relevant field
· ServSafe certified
· Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
· Organization and Leadership Skills
· Stress Management/Composure
· Multi-task oriented
· Collaboration Skills
· Communication Proficiency
· Walk and stand during entire shift.
· Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
· Remain stationary for long periods of time.
· Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Be able to manipulate fingers, hands and arms to cut, measure, pour, serve, carry and wipe.
· Good close and distant vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Work Schedule Expectation
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week, variable hour position to include days, nights, weekends and holidays. Typical week consists of banquet prep during the day mid-week with events taking place in the evenings on the weekends.