COSMETOLOGIST | THE SPA
The salon staff performs a variety of hair, makeup and nail techniques on clients as well as works to create a health and stress-free environment for the client.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs hair and nail services based on customer wants and the packages offered by the spa.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work environment.
- Keep and maintain records of clients and services provided.
- Maintain and replace towels during services.
- Maintain adequate supplies.
- Practice health care protocol.
- Monitor client schedule.
- Maintain physical fitness.
- Participate in continued education class and remain current on hair and nail techniques.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Greet customers with a friendly smile and a brief explanation about the procedure they have chosen.
- Work with and assist new hires on the services and products offered to ensure the quality of the spa is upheld.
- Provide consultations with customers who may have problem areas and questions.
- Client retainage.
- Customer Focus.
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Multi-task oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
The esthetician works in our spa. The atmosphere should always maintain a quiet and relaxing atmosphere.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Use of hands and firm arm strength are a necessity.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Be able to verbally communicates with guest and phone calls.
- Good close and distant vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Work Schedule Expectation
This position has a flexible work schedule include days, evenings, weekends and holidays based on clients’ needs and expectation.
- High school or equivalent
- Current certification and licensure per requirement of the State Board
EEO/AAP Policy Statement
Chesapeake Bay Beach Club provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Cosmetology License (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location