HOST / HOSTESS | KNOXIE'S TABLE
This position is responsible for greeting guests as they enter the restaurant. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to the guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests and presents menu with a smile.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of dirty, clean and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait time to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host station
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and the restaurant
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to a ensure positive experience.
- Fills to-go orders.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- Retrieve hotel amenity list for each day.
- Follow and complete necessary duties checklist.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Multi-task oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a Restaurant/Bar setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The work station may be drafty due to its location (outside host/hostess area). The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns.
- Walk and stand during entire shift.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Be able to verbally communicate with guests and phone calls.
- Good close and distant vision and ability to adjust focus between the two.
Position Type/Work Schedule Expectation
This is a part-time position, working up to 25 hours per week to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
EEO/AAP Policy Statement
Tidewater Inn provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Casual dining restaurant
Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location